Strong & Beautiful is a resistance band training plan designed to support you in your weight loss journey while strengthening your muscles through a combination of strength exercises and high-intensity cardio workouts. With an emphasis on the lower body, this workout routine features two Leg & Glute sessions, one Abs session, and two empowering Upper Body sessions each week.
Who is the Strong & Powerful workout plan for?
This programme is tailored for individuals aiming to slim down, shed weight, and tone their bodies while specifically targeting the lower body. Unlike our other strength training plan, it incorporates a HIIT session and resistance bands exercises for abs.
How can I lose weight with resistance bands?
First of all, let's remember that losing weight is possible by creating a calorie deficit: you have to burn more calories than the one you consume. Intense resistance band workouts will help you to burn calories and increase your metabolism. In addition, Strong & Beautiful leans on several principles to promote weight loss:
- Strength training workout: each session consists of a variety of resistance band exercises that target different muscle groups in the body. This helps to increase overall muscle mass, which in turn boosts your metabolism and helps with weight loss.
- Increase in intensity: a resistance is indicated for each exercise, and the resistance level gradually increases. While you can adapt the resistance to your level, try to keep the same progression as you get stronger and more comfortable with the exercises. This helps to challenge your muscle and promotes weight loss.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): HIIT involves short bursts of intense exercise followed by brief recovery periods. This type of training can help burn calories and fat effectively.
The workout routine spans over 6 weeks, with 5 sessions per week lasting approximately 45 minutes each.
The Split Method
Strong & Beautiful is based on the Split method : it is a weight training method that divides training sessions by body areas, the lower body and upper body. Each week consists of:
- 2 lower body sessions: Legs & Glutes
- 2 upper body sessions: Arms & Shoulders; Chest & Back
- 1 HIIT and abs session
The complete SmartWorkout Elite resistance band set is required for carrying out this programme.
The resistance band bar is crucial for performing intense compound exercises such as lunges and squats while ankle straps are utilized for targeting the glutes. The door anchor is commonly employed for back exercises using resistance bands. Additionally, you will require a chair or sofa for executing Bulgarian split squats and hip thrusts.
Are you still on the lookout for a high-quality resistance band set? Discover SmartWorkout Elite, designed as the best training bands in the UK and unlock a new level of strength and versatility with resistance bands.